Open Call Artists
Fully funded artistic residency, 6 weeks in Bucharest.
Open Call ↙
Deadline for application:
13th July, 2020
1 fully funded artistic residency, 6 weeks in Bucharest
3rd August – 12th September, 2020
The Romanian Association of Contemporary Art (ARAC) in Bucharest, Romania is offering a residency opportunity for an artist to freely develop artworks for an exhibition in Bucharest.
ARAC Art & Residency aims to introduce international artists and curators to the Romanian cultural environment. During its two-year programme starting in 2020, the project will feature artistic residencies, exhibitions, video & performance focused events and talks.
The themes of this year’s residency and of the programme at large, are focused on climate change, migration and technology development. Applicants are invited to make project proposals on one of the three main themes. For more details about the program and this year’s focus, please email the organizers at email@example.com.
The residency is opened to artists of any age, sex, race or nationality, working in any medium of contemporary art. The selection committee – a panel of contemporary art curators and artists – will review the applications and select the successful candidates in one session.The successful candidate is expected to reside and work in Bucharest for six weeks. At the end of the artistic residency period, the artist is expected to show the works produced during the residency in an exhibition at Anca Poterasu Gallery with the newly produced works.
- The artistic residency will take place between 3rd August – 12th September, 2020.
- The resulting exhibition will open in the first two weeks of September 2020. (Final dates will be set together with the successful candidate)
- The applicants should be able to speak English fluently and should be flexible in interacting and engaging in conversation with the local art community and the ARAC team.
How to apply:
In order to apply for the ARAC ART & RESIDENCY, candidates should provide the following documents in English:
- updated resume/ CV
- comprehensive portfolio (A4, PDF format, not more than 10 Mb; video works or documentation in AVI, WMV or QuickTime format should be up to 500mb in total). Please provide a link to download using free transfer services like Dropbox.com or Wetransfer.com .
- project-proposal for the six-week residency period in Romania
All materials should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for the application is:
July, 13th 2020, hours 24.00. No entry submitted after this date will be considered.
The successful applicants will be announced by July, 20th 2020 the latest.
For inquiries regarding the program, please contact us at email@example.com.
Forms of support:
The residency will take place in Bucharest, at the ARAC residency, situated on 58 Plantelor Street. The residency space is located on the premises of a 19th century inn, near the Bucharest Old City Centre and in 5 minutes walking distance to Anca Poterasu Gallery. The local spirit has been kept alive in this vibrant neighbourhood, where one can experience the many layers and parallel histories of Bucharest. The team members and staff of ARAC will closely assist and work together with the selected applicant all throughout the residency period.
Based on a contract, the organizer will cover:
- Travel expenses (2-way airfare from the city of origin to Romania);
- Private accommodation in a 25m2 furnished room, with wifi, private bathroom and kitchen space. More images of the space will be made available soon on www.arac.ro
- A personal stipend of approximately 1300 euro (6589 RON) for living expenses and separate budget for art production of new works and the set-up of the final exhibition.
The travel insurance and medical insurance are part of the responsibility of the selected candidate.