ABOUT Arac Art & Residency
- Project promoter: Romanian Contemporary Art Association
- Project partners: ARTAK, Iceland
- Total project value: 1,024,267.24 Lei (212,160.25 Eur)
- Grant value (85% EEA Grants and 15% national budget): 921,840.52 Lei (190,944.22 Eur)
- Duration: 24 months
- Location for project implementation: Bucharest (Romania) and Snaefellsnes Islands (Iceland)
In the next 2 years Anca Poterasu Gallery together with ARAC will carry out, in partnership with the ARTAK350 residence in Iceland, a large-scale project that aims to expand the local contemporary art scene, through a series of cultural events and artistic residencies.
The main topics of discussion set for the project: climate change, economic and war migration, new technologies, the gallery and ARAC aims to develop a dialogue about social developments and their perception at the global level.
The exhibitions will be followed by a series of discussions and meetings with personalities from the art world and evenings of video and performance screenings called: “Insomnia Nights”.
The project will end with “exhibition of the public”, a pilot project for the first time in Romania that directly involves the contribution of the Bucharest public in the selection of works of art from the portfolio of Anca Poterașu Gallery.