Open Call Curatori
Fully funded curatorial residency, 6 weeks in Bucharest
*(Final dates may vary depending on the selected curator’s availability and organizational aspects)
Open Call ↙
Termen limită de aplicare:
March 31st, hours 24.00
1 fully funded curatorial residency, 6 weeks in Bucharest
April, 2022 – May, 2022
The Romanian Association of Contemporary Art (ARAC) is offering a residency opportunity for a curator to explore the art-scene in Bucharest and Romania at large. ARAC Art & Residency aims to introduce international artists and curators to the Romanian cultural environment. During its two-year programme starting in 2020, the project will feature curatorial residencies, exhibitions, video & performance focused events and talks.
The themes of this year’s residency and of the programme are focused on climate change, migration and technology development. Applicants are invited to make project proposals on one of the three main themes. For more details about the program and this year’s focus, please email the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The residency is opened to curators of any age, sex, race or nationality, working in any medium of contemporary art. The curatorial director Anca Poterasu and curator Cristina Stoenescu will review the applications and select the successful candidates in one session.The successful candidate is expected to reside and work in Bucharest for six weeks. At the end of the curatorial residency period, the curator is expected to provide a text for publication on the ARAC Art & Residency platform and hold a talk event in order to present their findings in an Insomnia Event.
- The curatorial residency will take place April 2022 – May 2022. (Final dates will be set together with the successful candidate)
- The event of the presentation and text publication will take place in May 2022. (Final dates will be set together with the successful candidate)
- Artiștii ar trebui să poată vorbi fluent engleza și să fie deschiși și implicați în conversații cu comunitatea de artă locală și echipa ARAC.
Cum să aplici:
Pentru a participa la selecție candidații trebuie să furnizeze următoarele documente în limba engleză:
- CV actualizat
- comprehensive portfolio (A4, PDF format, not more than 10 Mb; video documentation of curated shows in AVI, WMV or QuickTime format should be up to 500mb in total). Please provide a link to download using free transfer services like Dropbox.com or Wetransfer.com.
- project-description of main interest in the themes of the programme and the expected outcomes for the six-week residency period in Romania
Materialele se trimit la: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Termenul limită pentru depunerea propunerii de rezidență este:
March 31st, hours 24.00. No entry submitted after this date will be considered.
The successful applicants will be announced by April 4th the latest.
Pentru întrebări referitoare la program, vă rugăm să ne contactați la email@example.com. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pe baza contractului, organizatorul o să acopere următoarele:
- A personal stipend for living expenses and travel, meaning that the 2-way airfare from city of origin to Bucharest is included in this fee.
- Organizing support for the Insomnia talk and publishing text on the online platform of the project.
Asigurarea de călătorie și asigurarea medicală fac parte din responsabilitatea candidatului selectat.